Kai Guzman and Christie Hill provided so much great information at the October 9 Club Zoom meeting. We are so grateful for their time and their knowledge. We are sharing more information about the PrOTECT Campaign.
PrOTECT seeks to address invasive policing practices used disproportionately to stop, search and interrogate people from Black, Latino, and Asian/Pacific Islander communities, the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and people from other marginalized communities. PrOTECT will require San Diego police to have probable cause in order to stop, ask for identification, question, and/or search an individual. The ordinance will also limit stops for equipment violations.
- Click HERE to get the PrOTECT factsheet. Please share this tool as you see fit.
- Sign and share the PrOTECT petition. Our goal is to reach 1k signatures by November!
- Link: bit.ly/pass-protect
How You Can Help:
- Sign PrOTECT petition at bit.ly/pass-protect
- Sign PrOTECT Support Letters
- Lawyers Support Letters: it.ly/protect-academic
- Public Health Support Letters: bit.ly/protect-publichealth
- Academia Support Letters: it.ly/protect-academic
- Follow CPAT on Social Media and RePost
- Links for social media post:
- Share your story!
- Host a House Part