To help you through these trying times, the San Marcos Democratic Club has compiled this partial list of resources you may find handy.
- Most pharmacies are open, albeit with limited hours. Order refills at least ten days before you run out.
- Many medical practices are offering telemedicine or telehealth programs:
- Scripps Telehealth: Get Care Now – Telehealth and Same-Day Care
- Sharp Healthcare: https://www.sharp.com/patient/phone-or-video-visits.cfm
- Kaiser Permanente Telehealth: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/why-kp/experience/telehealth
- If you need information about VA services, offer them this information
- If you think you may be sick or are having COVID-19 symptoms,
- The California Department of Public health recommends that you call their doctor to discuss how to proceed
- There is also the the Scripps COVID hotline at 888-261-8431
- And http://www.211sandiego.org has information
- If you need help procuring food, offer them these links to food banks and delivery services:
- Instacart: www.instacart.com
- GoGo Grandparent: www.gogograndparent.com
- San Diego Food Bank: https://sandiegofoodbank.org/gethelp/
- Feeding San Diego: https://feedingsandiego.org/get-help/
- CalFresh (food stamps / SNAP): www.getcalfresh.org
- San Diego Humane Society (food for pets): www.sdhumane.org/programs/paws-san-diego/pantry-service.html
- Meals on Wheels
- MEALS ON WHEELS in San Marcos, 760 736-9900: www.meals-on-wheels.org/meals
- 1 or 2 meals, 7 days a week for seniors 60 and over.
- Currently, “no contact” measures are in place for delivery.
- There is a one-time $35, set up fee.
- Full price meals are $4 for one meal and $7 for two.
- Prices can be reduced if income qualifies, and for veterans and veterans’ spouses.
- Disabled vets get meals at no cost.
- Cal Fresh cards can be billed.
- They are also looking for experienced ride-along helper volunteers
- Some grocery stores are offering shopping hours reserved exclusively for seniors or immunocompromised people and suggest that you call the store or visit the store’s website to find out if that is being offered.
- Albertsons: 7am-9am Tuesday and Thursday
- Costco: 8am-9am Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Smart and Final: 7:30-8:00 am
- Vons: 7am-9am Tuesday and Thursday
- Winco: 6:00 am–7:30 am Tuesday and Thursday
- The California Employment Development Department has a list of frequently asked questions to help people who have lost their jobs, cannot work, or who have closed their businesses because of COVID-19. It can be found here: https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm
- Call your lien holders and utilities to find out if deadlines for bill payments or moratoriums are in place
City of San Marcos
- Services available, closures, restaurants available for take-out or delivery, and other useful information pertaining to San Marcos residents. Information found here:
City of Escondido
- Services available, closures, restaurants available for take-out or delivery, and other useful information pertaining to Escondido residents. Information found here: